Second Life's 21st Birthday

I can't give better introductory information than Inara Pey's blogpost, so I won't try.

I always enjoy the Second Life Birthday celebrations but there is so much to see and do that it can be intimidating.

This year, fortunately, the Birthday Event is going to be longer, but even with more time I am probably not going to be able to see and do everything. I'm going to try to systematically visit a Shop 'N Hop Region, then a SL21B Community Region, and see how far I can get. 

But first, kudos to the residents like Inara Pey who have gone to the trouble of putting guides together, and to the folks who have been building, scheduling, creating, and reviewing. As a freebie addict, I especially appreciate those who have put together the Fab Free Shop N' Hop freebie list  and the YouTube reviews like this one

I started at Shop 'N Hop in Aurelian.

A note on 'freebie frenzy'. Now, if you are a grab-and-go person you could just land in the middle, set search to 'gift' or '0 linden', load up and teleport away. I find it more interesting, if I have time, to visit or scan each booth. In Aurelian I used the Fab Free spreadsheet to locate four stores with might-be-useful freebies, but I wanted to at least see what the other stores are offering.

I appreciate the stores who have gone to the effort to make their stores interesting to visit, beyond just showing the merchandise.  Here is one that stood out, Tosca Piccolo. After SL21B you can find their inworld shop at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hampshire/81/44/21

Wearing Lady Rose outfit from Tosca Piccolo against their store backdrop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Second Life - The Arcade - Pros and Cons

 Today I decided to visit the Arcade.   The Arcade is a quarterly event. It used to feature gatcha or gacha machines, but they have been re...