Second Life - Connecting the Continents

When I first came to Second Life most of the continents were separated by "Void Ocean" - areas that look blue on the map, but which can only be crossed by teleport.

When Bellisseria was added it gradually expanded and some new sailing corridors were added.

The most recent one connects the northern shores of the newest Ranch continent with the East River outlet in Sansara.  

I started out sailing from Shark Pool on the Ranch Continent West, but only got as far as Cistern Region. My old boat had character, but was difficult to control.

Aley's free fishing boat. Picturesque, but hard to navigate.

Then I looked for a public boat dock on the East River. Not finding one, I added a 'wearable' row boat and rowed from Erie Region to Shark Pool.  A nice trip, with interesting builds, and only one water area with ban lines.

{what next} wearable rowboat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Second Life's 21st Birthday

I can't give better introductory information than Inara Pey's blogpost , so I won't try. I always enjoy the Second Life Birthday...