Second Life: Changing Your Avatar From Plain to Fancy

I've previously blogged about putting bodies and clothing together to make your own inexpensive avatar. Now I'm going to go the spendy direction.

Inspired by a post on Fab Free by Aline Passiflora (July 30, 2024) I tried to use as many of the items she was wearing as I could afford. 

I started with the system avatar 'Bitsy'.

Poor "Bitsy", I hardly ever see her in Second Life these days.

I already had the Lara body, so I added items one by one, and then took off the Bitsy leftovers.

Then to get a head. The Fab Free model had a Lelutka 'Cate' head, but I could not find one, so bought a Lelutka Siwa instead after trying a DEMO.

This is what is in the Lelutka Siwa Head Package,
and all the boxes aren't even open yet.


Some weird things happened when I tried to change heads.

Oops, what happened?

Also had a problem when I was changing shoes.

Four legs bad.

The Lelutka Siwa head had so many HUDs! I tried to make a collage of them. (I still haven't tried all the options).

A few of the Lelutka Siwa HUDs: nose, eyelashes, eyes, teeth, mouth, animations.

I got the gown from Sofia, and a pose from FoxCity*. Butterfly was a gift from AnaStyle. Shoes are Pure Poison from here. Hair was from my inventory, and it is not mentioned as it started to deform at Default settings.




All dressed up.

One thing I learned was that fashion costs money. If I hadn't already had the body, the butterfly, and the hair, I figure this transformation would have cost me approximately $25US. Still, at every shop I visited, there were plenty of shoppers. I guess dressing up is popular.


*Be careful selecting poses there. I goofed and selected the wrong pose by mistake because I didn't read the vendor carefully enough.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Second Life: Japanese Shrines and Temples

   At one time I wanted to do the Shikoku pilgrimage in Japan; however, that is no longer possible for me.  So, I was delighted to find that...