Second Life Events: Relay for Life 2024

 Relay for Life in Second Life raises funds for the American Cancer Society. One of the events is set up around a virtual relay track. This year 199 Second Life groups set up camps and created displays with information about fighting cancer.

For the last few years I've tried to do at least one virtual lap, but I keep getting distracted by the exhibits. I also usually take a while to find a lap pedometer and turn it on....

A comfortable chair by the side of the track.


The ACS provides information signboards and supplies the different groups can use, but it can get boring and discouraging to visit exhibit after exhibit and see the same information displayed. I much preferred the camps that reworded the information to make it unique.


Sugar Skol camp (Photo gimped)




Closing Ceremonies

If you were not able to donate during the Relay, you can still go to the website and make a donation to Relay for Life, Second Life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Second Life - What I Learned About Next-Up Type Machines

Someone had recommended a pose creator. I didn't want to buy a whole set of poses, but I found they had a NextUp type machine at the Arc...