Unintended Consequences

I left Second Life because I made the mistake of asking Linden Lab to set up my premium accounts so that they would not automatically renew. It turned out that there are only two kinds of membership: Basic, and Premium with Automatic Renewal.

All my avatars were returned to "Basic" status, and I lost my virtual land, and my castle was destroyed.

After I explained that that was not what I had intended, some virtual land was restored and one of my avatars was exempted so that she could continue to pay rent. 

 I was so upset that I sold or abandoned all my virtual land in Ukanipo, but when I tried to start over in a different location I got the message "You cannot buy land because your membership is due to end on X-X-2021."  Support verified that that was the only way the software knew. You could either be Premium with automatic renewal, or Basic with no benefits.

I am starting over with the one avatar who can purchase land or obtain a Linden home, and I've asked Support to return the other avatars to regular Premium status, with my understanding that I need to keep track of the renewal dates myself, since SL doesn't send you a notice before your membership is due to renew.


Do not build your house on the sand.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Nostalgia by Cica Ghost in Second Life

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mysterious%20Isle/112/113/27 At the exhibit you can get a free ventilator hat almost like Cica's B...