Fantasy Faire 2024 in Second Life: Bloggers, Vloggers, YouTubers, and Photographers

 A few years ago, when I really wanted to be an Official Fantasy Faire Blogger, I read almost every single official Fantasy Faire blog post from the year before and tried to make my blog posts as much like some of them as I could. It didn't work and I was disappointed when I was apparently turned down when I applied to be a blogger the next year, but I still like to read the blogs, view the flicker entries, and watch the official vlogs and YouTubers - most of them are very well-done and showcase events and items that I would not have known about otherwise.

The Official Fantasy Faire Website is an excellent place to start.

I spend more time at Fantasy Faire exploring and enjoying the activities, than I do shopping, but if you look at the Official Blogger List you can see that, of the categories Shopping, Exploration,  Blogger Challenge*, Story, and Character, most of the entries are about Shopping. Most post photos of their avatars wearing and/or surrounded by items available at the Faire, with links to the stores that sold them.

I think the SL vloggers and YouTubers usually concentrate more on showing the landscape of the Faire. Naria Panthar covered all 20 Regions of the Fairelands in a video of less than a half-hour.  It was one of those "I wish I had done that" videos. . I especially liked seeing all the costumes.

Pryda Parx Studio has put together a more extensive video, which lasts over 2 hours. (There is also a shorter version available.)

In an event with over 300 merchants I used to wonder why I was seeing some of the same items reviewed over and over again, and then I found The Merchant's Guide to Bloggers. Apparently merchants fill boxes with items that are free to official bloggers so that the bloggers can blog about them. While it is fair for official bloggers to get some rewards for their efforts, I think it may put a burden on merchants who must produce items for bloggers and questers, and who also give some or all of the profits from some of their merchandise to Relay for Life.

 I will never be an "Official" Fantasy Faire blogger, but I appreciate those who are. 

After reading and watching many Fantasy Faire chroniclers I have added some of them to my 'follow' list so that I can read and watch them year round.

Softpaw the Fairy Cat

Chic Aeon

and

Around the Grid Productions

Naria Panthar (Mentioned above)

Yes, I would still like to be an official Fantasy Faire blogger, but in the meantime I will just enjoy what others have written, and write what I like. 


--------------

*Blogger Challenge seems to be an attempt to get official bloggers to write about something besides shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Faire 2024: Growanda

Growanda was an Arts & Entertainment Region, with only one shop, The Primly Little Souvenir Shop,  by Haveit Neox.  Growanda was sponsor...