Blogging About Blogging In Second Life

I started my blog because I wanted to share information about Second Life. Some of it is about things "I wish I knew back when". 

I read other bloggers to see what is current.  The gadget I use for the blogroll keeps the more recent posts at the top. I am always finding new blogs to add. I tend not to include those that get too highly technical, or are in a language I have no way of translating*.  I am not fond of fashion blogs that highlight the costume the avatar is wearing, and only show a smidge of background. I trudged through a list of 'official' bloggers the other day, and three-in-a-row had the same 'spoiled elf' face. 

A website called Blogging Second Life keeps a list of Second Life blogs.  They do not do ranking, you just have to ask to be put on the list. A glance at the number of blogs under each topic shows you what seems to be most important to readers (hint: it's fashion).

Another website, Feedspot, has a list "Top 60 Second Life Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2021" I'm not on it.

The Second Life Community  has excellent destination blogs, and if you notice on the sidebar they have collections of blogposts relating to different aspects of Second Life. 

Second Life also has an Official Second Life Blogger Network. My blog does not qualify for multiple reasons. but I keep blogging.

Even if no one else ever reads it, my blog serves as a sort of diary/scrapbook of my time in Second Life.

And again, someone may read it and learn something. 


*I am working on improving my vocabulary, I think that last sentence is a tautology in the sense that it is saying the exact same thing in different words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Faire 2024 in Second Life

  In Duskfall Court at Fantasy Faire 2024 I've been gone from Second Life for a while, but I wanted to come back for Fantasy Faire, one ...